Corporations and their executives rely on CSG Law’s vast experience and astute problem-solving capabilities to guide them through government investigations, as well as related criminal, civil and administrative litigation and enforcement proceedings.
Armed with one of the region’s largest teams of former prosecutors, several of whom have held high-level government positions, the CSG Law White Collar Defense & Investigations Group draws on its members’ significant subject matter expertise to deliver to their clients aggressive, practical and effective solutions tailored to achieving clients’ business and reputational goals, in the face of the challenges presented by criminal, civil and administrative investigations and proceedings.
Members of our White Collar Defense & Investigations Group have held significant positions of authority on federal, state, and county levels, including:
- U.S. Senator for the State of New Jersey
- Attorney General of the State of New Jersey
- Chief Counsel, Office of the Governor of New Jersey
- Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey
- Deputy Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division
- Chief of the Asset Forfeiture and Anti-Money Laundering Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey
- Chief of the Securities & Health Care Fraud Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey
- Chief of the General Crimes Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey
- Various Assistant U.S. Attorneys, District of New Jersey and Eastern District of New York (Economic Crimes, Securities & Health Care Fraud, Public Corruption, Asset Forfeiture and Recovery, Anti-Money Laundering, Appeals, and other specialties)
Collectively, the attorneys comprising the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations Group have commanded and defended hundreds of government investigations—and leverage the insight gleaned from their wealth of experience to achieve favorable outcomes for their clients.
White Collar Defense
CSG Law White Collar Defense attorneys counsel clients through crises and controversies by drawing on their keen understanding of prosecutorial strategies, their extensive investigative and trial experience, and their effective communication channels with government representatives, in order to advance their clients’ interests through every stage of an enforcement action — whether it be defending their clients against the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, or other federal and state authorities. Often our best successes are those that the public never learns about because we are able to end investigations before charges are ever brought. If that is not possible, we have the experience, fortitude and ability to aggressively defend our client’s rights at trial.
Our team of seasoned attorneys regularly handles investigations involving the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, state attorneys general, financial regulators, and other federal and state agencies with investigative authority. We are intimately familiar with the investigative processes employed by law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies, and relentlessly guide our clients through the stressors that investigations place on clients’ businesses and reputations.
CSG Law attorneys evaluate compliance issues, including anti-money laundering, Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory compliance matters, and conduct internal investigations for corporations and other entities to identify and manage potential exposure to civil or criminal liability.
We stand ready not only to counsel clients through the dark times that come with compliance crises, but also to advise clients on best practices to avert potential civil liability, as well as to defend them against criminal investigations and litigation.