Nationally recognized and among the largest practices in the U.S., the CSG Law Fidelity & Surety Group combines exceptional industry knowledge, experience and foresight to assist sureties and fidelity insurers in resolving disputes and avoiding pitfalls that threaten their business success.
Experience & Value
Our Fidelity & Surety Group attorneys work with companies of all sizes, with most of the country’s largest sureties and fidelity insurers as clients, as well as many of the nation’s smaller sureties and fidelity insurers. We provide thoughtful, thorough, and cost-effective approaches to each matter, uniquely based upon decades of experience. In each instance, we assess claims and disputes, advise clients as to efficient paths forward, and help shape the body of case law in our clients’ favor.
Fidelity and surety clients benefit from our comprehensive service in meeting their many and varied needs.
The CSG Law Fidelity & Surety attorneys efficiently and effectively handle surety claims from inception through workout or litigation, including large, multi-project and multi-prime defaults, both nationally and internationally, and regional and local project-specific claims. Our surety representation encompasses:
- All aspects of performance and payment bond claims, including:
- Default and claim analysis
- Analysis of applicable insurance coverages
- Takeovers and tenders
- Contested defaults
- Trials and arbitrations, both nationally and locally
- Appeals, both nationally and locally
- Protection of surety interests in bankruptcy
- Workouts, intercreditor and security agreements, restructuring and financing
- Pursuit of collateral deposit, salvage, subrogation and cross-subrogation rights
- Claims management and coordination including claims against commercial and other miscellaneous bonds
- Drafting bond forms, indemnity agreements, and other surety-related agreements
Our vast complex construction and insurance experience also allows us to counsel clients in connection with claims against policies of subcontractor default insurance and assist them in the drafting of their subcontractor default insurance policies.
Our representation of fidelity insurers runs the gamut, from claim investigation and coverage analysis through defense, resolution, and recovery, against financial institution bonds, commercial crime policies, credit union bonds, and other standard, proprietary, and manuscripted bond forms. We regularly obtain recoveries from defalcators and represent our fidelity clients’ interests in the pursuit of restitution in criminal proceedings.
Leaders in the Fields of Fidelity & Surety
Our attorneys are active participants in the most prominent legal and industry groups. Two of our team members are past chairs of the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section’s Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, and many are sought-after leaders, speakers, authors and authorities on various important industry topics.