Stephen Wieder, counsel in the firm’s Fidelity & Surety and Litigation Groups, has extensive experience representing clients in complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution before state and federal courts and arbitration panels.
Stephen works closely with his clients in conducting pre-suit and post-suit investigations and in developing and executing trial and settlement strategies to best serve their needs.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen served as Special Counsel at Cooley LLP, formerly Kronish Lieb Weiner and Hellman LLP. Stephen received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Congregation Beth Abraham, Former President and Board Member
- Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School for Girls, Former Board Member
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1989)
- Yeshiva University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1986)
- New York
- New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Represented leading surety companies in billion dollar case brought by prominent global financial services firm arising out of Enron bankruptcy.
- Represented satellite radio service in copyright infringement action brought by music recording companies.
- Represented client in ICC Arbitration relating to breach of agency agreement and claims of potential violations of Federal Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented manufacturing and industrial conglomerate in tax litigation arising from asbestos related liabilities.
- Represented insurance company in arbitration arising out of agent’s breach of contract and misappropriation of client files.
- Represented financial institution in mediation arising out of sale of hundreds of millions of dollars of sub-prime residential mortgage loans.
- Represented one of the largest private well completion companies in North America in litigation arising out of supply agreement.