Scott Zuber advises on all facets of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters and related commercial litigation. His experience includes post-petition financing and cash collateral matters; representation of sureties in bankruptcy matters; plan negotiation and confirmation issues; asset sales; representation of, and participation on, creditors’ committees; federal appellate practice; trading in claims; avoidance action litigation; pre-bankruptcy workouts; commercial collections; and negotiating and drafting commercial loan documents, including those related to asset-based transactions.
Scott clerked with the Honorable Mahlon L. Fast, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Special Civil Part, Essex County, NJ.
- Included in Chambers USA, New Jersey Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2009-2022)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2015-2023)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Bankruptcy: Business (2012-2022)
- Included in The Legal 500 U.S. (2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Healthcare Insolvency Committee, Member Relations Director (2017)
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Former Master
- American Inns of Court, Former Master
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1987)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., 1983)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Scott routinely represents secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases throughout the United States, and has active involvement in numerous hospital, specialty chemical corporation and real estate reorganizations. Among other matters, Scott previously represented:
- A Fortune 100 company in the reorganization of a large hospital
- A national bank in three substantial real estate restructuring matters in Texas
- A multinational industrial gas supplier in the reorganization of a large plastics, chemical and refining company
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.