Robert Crespi is a member of the firm’s Environmental and Renewable Energy and Sustainability Groups. He represents a diverse client base in complex transactional and development issues, as well as in regulatory, compliance and litigation matters. He also counsels clients with regard to regulatory issues related to sustainability and renewable energy.
Rob assists clients in the national retail, industrial and residential sectors with the purchase and sale of environmentally impaired properties, including Brownfields development and remediation, New Jersey ISRA compliance, negotiating and overseeing projects entering into the New York Brownfield Cleanup Program and the New York City OER, coordinating due diligence, and negotiating environmental insurance and funding mechanisms to facilitate transactions and redevelopment.
Rob graduated cum laude from the Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law, where he received a J.D. degree and a Certificate in Environmental Law. While at Pace, he authored a land use article that was published in the Pace Environmental Law Review.
- Included in Chambers USA, New Jersey Environmental (2015-2018; 2022)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Environmental; Energy & Natural Resources (2010-2022)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE), Board Member and Advisory Council Member
- NAIOP – New Jersey Chapter, Energy and Sustainability Committee, Past Co-Chair; Education Committee, Past Co-Chair; Regulatory Affairs Committee, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute, Northern New Jersey Council, Membership Committee, Past Co-Chair; Executive and Sustainability Committees, Member
- Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Binghamton University, The State University of New York (B.A., 1980)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey