Rafael Corbalan practices with the firm’s Environmental Law Group.
Before joining CSG Law, Rafael worked as an associate attorney representing local government and private businesses in a variety of matters including but not limited to environmental litigation, environmental remediation, labor and employment, immigration law and residential landlord/tenant claims. Rafael also clerked for the Hon. James DeLuca of the Civil Division of the New Jersey Superior Court where he drafted memoranda, judicial orders, decisions on pre-trial motions, and he organized pre-trial motion proceedings.
Rafael earned his J.D., cum laude, from Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law, where he interned at the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic and Pace Energy and Climate Center. He also served as the treasurer of his law school’s Environmental Law Society and a member of the Latin American Law Society of America. He received his B.S. in International Business/Spanish from Northeastern University.
Rafael is fluent in Spanish.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” Environmental Law (2024)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee; Board of Directors, Environmental Section
- The Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Northeastern University (B.S., 2011)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York