Philip Markowitz has more than 20 years of experience representing the transactional commercial real estate needs and interests of his clients – helping them efficiently navigate an array of complex development, investment and leasing matters.
His national client roster spans a broad range of stakeholders within the commercial real estate sector, including developers, landlords, tenants, institutional owners, investors, borrowers, purchasers and sellers, and other corporate users of real estate.
Philip is deeply experienced overseeing the legal aspects of acquisitions and developments across all real estate asset types, including within the hospitality sector – where he also manages the corporate components of these transactions, including joint venture, franchise and management agreements. He is also particularly well-versed in leading negotiations in the retail leasing environment.
- Included in Chambers USA, New Jersey Real Estate (2011-2023)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2013-2024)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Real Estate (2021)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1997)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1993)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Represents a major, national insurance company with respect to its industrial real estate portfolio, which is mainly comprised of leasing matters involving large warehouse, refrigerated and other logistical space in New Jersey.
- Represents a family-owned hospitality company with respect to its hotel acquisitions and sales, but also regarding its redevelopment projects.
- Represents a national and Fortune 20 company, a retailer, with its acquisitions, ground leases, and developments, including complex reciprocal easement agreements and site development agreements in addition to numerous other issues associated with retail developments and operations.
- Represents a fast-growing licensing and branding company, as tenant, with respect to its leasing of significant office space in a Class A building in midtown Manhattan, which involved a complicated build-out by the landlord.
- Represented a utility company, as tenant, with respect to a lease of over 800,000 square feet of office space in Newark, New Jersey.
- Represents a privately-owned group of affiliated companies that own multi-family projects in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and certain other states, with its continuous financing needs.
- Represented a large manufacturing company with respect to its ground leasing of a redeveloped brownfield in New Jersey on which the landlord constructed almost 1,000,000 square feet of new warehouse, manufacturing, office and even showroom space.
- Represented the seller of a mobile home park near the New Jersey shore, with almost 400 resident tenants.
- Represented a sound recording studio company with respect to a small yet complex lease in a northern New Jersey urban location.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.