For more than 35 years, Morris has served as a trusted adviser providing strategic legal and business counseling to a range of business enterprises, including family-owned businesses, emerging growth, middle-market and public companies. His practice includes a wide variety of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, debt and equity offerings, securities regulation, venture capital and private equity financing and corporate governance.
Morris has represented financial institutions and clients in diverse industries, such as business process outsourcing, logistics, technology and ecommerce services, manufacturers and distributors.
Morris also represents local, regional and national owners and operators of skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, adult day care facilities, home health agencies and other healthcare enterprises in connection with purchases and sales, long-term leases, joint ventures, and HUD and commercial mortgage financings.
Morris serves on the Board of Trustees of Yeshiva College and has served on the Board of The Frisch School and as Chairman of the Board of The Moriah School. He is fluent in Hebrew.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law (2008-2023)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Yeshiva College, Board of Trustees
- The Frisch School, Board of Trustees
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Yeshiva University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1978)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Representation of the buyer of a skilled and assisted living portfolio in a $136 million transaction financed by the assumption of HUD debt, 1031 proceeds and senior debt.
- Representation of the seller of a leading healthcare billing service provider in a $37 million sale to a private equity buyer.
- Representation of the seller of a regional hospice provider in a $45 million transaction to create a private equity healthcare platform.
- Representation of a leading provider of therapy services in connection with the sale of its business to a private equity sponsor.
- Representation of the owner/operator of a portfolio of Mid-Atlantic skilled nursing facilities in connection with their sale to a regional operator in a transaction valued in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of PFSweb, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFSW) in connection with its acquisition of CrossView, Inc., an ecommerce systems integrator, Conexus, Ltd. and Moda Superbe Ltd., UK technology service companies, and LiveAreaLabs, Inc., an ecommerce web design and digital agency.
- Representation of a leading regional long term care owner/operator in a $150 million HUD master lease multi-facility portfolio mortgage financing.
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of skilled nursing facilities throughout the country, including New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Missouri, Ohio, Nebraska and Wisconsin.
- Representation of operators of adult day care centers and home health agencies in connection with sales of controlling interests to private equity sponsors.
- Representation of one of the largest wholesale distributors of consumable supplies in its sale of a minority interest to a leveraged capital hedge fund.
- Representation of the Chief Executive Officer of a provider of international voice and IP solutions in connection with a multi-year executive employment agreement.
- Representation of the shareholders of a technology services firm in connection with a tax-free merger with a publicly traded technology solutions company.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.