Melissa F. Wernick is an experienced litigator with trial experience in both criminal and civil matters. Her practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, regulatory investigations, and complex civil litigation. Whether in the criminal or civil arena, Melissa guides clients through sensitive and difficult matters.
Melissa regularly represents clients in the healthcare industry who have been accused of fraud, both in criminal healthcare fraud and anti-kickback matters, as well as in civil RICO and Insurance Fraud Prevention Act cases. She also represents individuals and companies under government investigation for suspected bank and wire fraud, securities violations, and other regulatory matters.
Melissa regularly appears in State and Federal court in both New Jersey and New York, as well as a number of alternative dispute resolution forums.
Outside of the office, Melissa is an active member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association (New Jersey Chapter). She also sits on the Board of Trustees of Volunteer Lawyers for Justice and JCC MetroWest.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation (2024)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, Board of Trustees
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., History and Political Science, summa cum laude, 2007)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York