Marc Leibman practices with the firm’s Real Estate, Development & Land Use Group, focusing on real estate tax litigation and New Jersey’s Municipal Land Use Law.
Throughout the course of his career, Marc has served as a board attorney to zoning and planning boards in numerous municipalities throughout northern New Jersey and has represented individual and corporate clients before various zoning and planning boards in Bergen and Hudson counties. Marc has served as Borough Attorney for New Milford and is currently the Borough Attorney for Dumont. He is also counsel to the Fair Lawn Zoning Board of Adjustment and the River Vale Joint Planning Board.
In addition to land use and zoning, Marc has a significant amount of experience in a wide range of commercial litigation matters. He previously led a New Jersey firm’s real estate tax appeals practice involving properties assessed in the $10+ millions. In this role, Marc was immensely successful in his representation of both municipalities and taxpayers in the county tax boards and the tax courts. But Marc’s practice isn’t limited to large commercial properties; he also handles appeals on behalf of condominium unit owners and luxury homes.
Marc is an accomplished trial attorney with an extensive background in tax litigation, Federal criminal law, New Jersey criminal law and commercial litigation. At his previous firm, Marc helmed its criminal law practice, including white collar crimes, narcotics cases, assault and arson. Marc was appointed by the U.S. District Court of New Jersey to represent criminal defendants on serious federal crimes as a member of the Criminal Justice Act Panel for over fifteen years. He has handled over one hundred Federal criminal matters as well as hundreds of cases in New Jersey Superior Court. Marc was formerly the Municipal Prosecutor in Leonia, New Jersey.
Marc received his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law and his B.A. from Franklin & Marshall College.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2017-2022); Land Use/Zoning (2023)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2006-2010)
Recognized as a top-rated criminal defense attorney in Fort Lee, NJ
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association, Criminal Committee; Land Use Committee
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- Franklin & Marshall College (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit