Lindsay Dischley is an experienced employment attorney.
In this capacity, Lindsay represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, whistleblower, retaliation and wage and hour claims in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York and before federal, state, and local administrative agencies, including the EEOC, New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, New York State Division of Human Rights, and New York City Commission on Human Rights.
Lindsay also counsels human resources professionals, general counsel and business owners in all aspects of employment law, including leaves of absence, accommodations, cannabis, wage and hour law requirements, prevailing wage, employment and separation agreements, restrictive covenants, the implementation of employment policies, employee training programs and other employment issues. Lindsay also conducts internal workplace investigations for employers on employment-related issues such as claims of harassment and discrimination, and provides trainings to employees, such as sensitivity and anti-harassment training.
Lindsay received her J.D. from Fordham University Law School, where she was a member of the Urban Law Journal and the Moot Court Board and participated in the Family Law Clinic. During law school, she also interned for the New York State Division of Human Rights. Lindsay is a summa cum laude graduate of Loyola University Maryland.
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list, Civil Litigation: Defense, Employment Litigation: Defense (2014-2017)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Girls on the Run of New Jersey East, Board Member
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Loyola University Maryland (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Some of Lindsay’s representative matters include:
- Successfully moving to dismiss a complaint alleging violations of the New Jersey Wage and Hour Law on behalf of a franchisor
- Successfully settling discrimination and harassment claims as well as a claim of wrongful discharge on behalf of an educational institution
- Litigating state and federal civil rights claims on behalf of a police officer before a jury trial in New Jersey State Court, including conducting direct and cross-examinations of witnesses
- Successfully moving to dismiss a complaint alleging state and civil rights violations in the District of New Jersey
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.