Joe Zawila’s practice is concentrated in the fields of commercial real estate, banking and finance. He has extensive experience representing both buyers and sellers in structuring, documenting and closing complex real estate transactions.
Joe also counsels institutional lenders, borrowers and developers in various commercial lending transactions, including real estate acquisition loans, asset-based loans, construction financing and mezzanine financing. In addition, he has represented lenders in public finance transactions, particularly where real estate or credit enhancement is involved.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Princeton University (B.A., 1986)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Represented an automobile dealer in connection with its acquisition loans, working capital lines of credit and floor plan financing for dealerships in New York and New Jersey
- Represented an aggregator in the electricity and natural gas sector in connection with its acquisition of a competitor and the related amendment and restatement of its various credit facilities
- Represented multiple affiliated nursing home operators in connection with the financing and refinancing of their assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities
- Represented the buyer of a portfolio of 8 hotels located in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in connection with its acquisition of the properties and the closing of related senior and mezzanine credit facilities
- Represented a real estate developer in connection with a public/private partnership project on the campus of a state college
- Represented a group of affiliated health care companies in connection with the refinance of their credit facilities secured by multiple hospitals and medical buildings
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with loans to companies that provide financing to purchase taxicab medallions
- Represented a manufacturing company in connection the relocation of its operations, including the sale of its existing facility, the purchase of a new facility and financing provided by NJEDA
- Represented various hotel owners/operators in connection with the financing and/or refinancing of their hotel properties
- Represented surety and bonding companies in connection with their acquisition of real estate collateral and personal property collateral as security for existing indemnification obligations
- Represented both lenders and borrowers in connection with the conveyance/acquisition of title to commercial real property by way of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction
- Represented both buyers and sellers in connection with the sale/purchase of commercial real property as a like-kind exchange under Section 1031 of the IRS Code
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.