Glenn L. Stein, Practice Group Leader of the CSG Law Corporate & Securities Group, serves as a trusted legal advisor and counselor to clients with a diverse corporate practice involving mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financing transactions, debt offerings, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and joint development transactions. He also counsels a wide range of public and private companies on their day-to-day legal concerns, including the drafting and negotiation of operating agreements, stockholder agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, and contractual arrangements with distributors, manufacturers, suppliers and vendors.
Glenn’s clients span several industries, including food and beverage, life sciences, retail and apparel, real estate development, title and financial services, and include private funds and public and private companies at every stage of the corporate lifecycle, from formation to M&A-stage. Glenn often advises entrepreneurs and start-ups, which rely on his practical advice regarding business formation, governance and operational concerns, capital raising, debt refinancing, employment and intellectual property matters. He also regularly represents clients in structuring and negotiating joint ventures and strategic alliances, including in the real estate development, medical device, clothing and apparel, and food and beverage industries.
While in law school, Glenn interned with the NJ Attorney General, Office of Legislative Affairs, and prior to that, worked for approximately five years in the New York State Legislature, most recently as Legislative Analyst for the Senate Finance Committee, and prior to that, as Assistant Legislative Director to former Senator Serphin R. Maltese. Glenn’s intimate understanding of New Jersey and New York legislative and government affairs is a true value-add for clients, particularly in regulated industries.
An avid swimmer, cyclist and runner, Glenn has completed an Ironman triathlon, multiple Ironman 70.3 races, 8 (and counting) marathons, and countless other running and triathlon events.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list, Business/Corporate; Mergers & Acquisitions; Government Relations (2009-2010; 2012; 2014-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section; Mergers and Acquisitions and Middle Market and Small Business Committees
- New Jersey Business and Industry Association; Former Co-Chair, Somerset County Employer Legislative Committee
- Somerset County Business Partnership; Former Chair, Legislative Affairs Committee
- Tewksbury Township, NJ; Former Member, Land Use Board
- Tewksbury Township, NJ; Former Member, Environmental Committee
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- State University of New York at Albany (M.P.A., 1998)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., 1997)
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Representing Washington Convention and Sports Authority t/a Events DC in a sponsorship transaction regarding the “DC Bike Ride”, a major outdoor cycling event.
- Represented The European Fine Arts Foundation (TEFAF) in the creation of a joint venture entity with Spring Show NYC LLC. The joint venture will own and operate a Fall and Spring art fair to be held annually at the Park Avenue Armory. TEFAF currently owns and operates the premier art fair in Europe (TEFAF Maastricht) and will be rebranded under the TEFAF brand through a license arrangement we also negotiated. This is a significant matter in the art fair/collector world as TEFAF is the gold standard among art fairs and plans to hold numerous large-scale events in New York in the future.
- Represented Dubilier & Company in its investment in Series A Units of Bulletin News, LLC, and in its capital raise to fund the acquisition.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in its acquisition by Stryker Corporation, one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, in an all-cash transaction valued at up to $375 million.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations (SBi), as borrower, in an $81 million secured credit facility with Hayfin Capital. The credit facility refinances SBi’s debt (previously held by Garrison Investment Group) which was assigned by Garrison to Hayfin immediately prior to SBi closing on the credit facility, and provides SBi with up to an additional $25 million to use for general operating expenses.
- Representation of Top Rank, Inc. in connection with SONY Computer Entertainment’s sponsorship of Top Rank’s pay-per-view boxing programs. The sponsorship will give the Sony PlayStation 4 brand prominent placement at Top Rank’s internationally televised matches, beginning with the April 12, 2014 Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley rematch at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- Represented Palcap Advisors in its investment in Sunbelt Medical Billing, Inc., a provider of medical billing and claims management services to hospitals and physicians.
- Represented Tri-State Financial Press in the sale of its business to Toppan Vite (New York) Inc. Toppan Vite, a global leader in financial printing, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toppan Leefung Pte Limited and part of the Toppan Printing Group, the largest printing group headquartered in Tokyo.
- Represented a New York based venture capital firm in its angel investments, including Pricing Engine, a provider of business intelligence tools for digital marketers, the RealReal, an online membership-based marketplace for previously-owned jewelry, accessories and clothing, Tailored, Inc., an online bridal and wedding planning service, and Apptopia, which runs an online marketplace designed to help broker the sale of mobile apps.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its Shedd’s Country Crock chilled side-dish line to Hormel Foods Corp. Ownership of the Shedd’s Country Crock trademark will remain with Unilever, but Hormel will market and sell Country Crock products under a licensing agreement.
- Represented Dubilier & Company in its acquisition of Bluegrass Dairy & Food, LLC and in its capital raise to fund the acquisition, which was financed through a preferred stock financing, a senior subordinated credit facility, and a senior revolving and term loan credit facility.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in its private placement of Series F Preferred Stock in multiple tranches.
- Represented Denville Scientific, Inc., a New Jersey-based distributor of molecular biology research products, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a newly-formed subsidiary of Harvard Biosciences, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed company based in Boston.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations (SBi) in forming a joint venture entity in Malaysia which will serve as the hub for SBi’s Asia Pacific operations.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in its acquisition of Link America, Inc., including the technology for the S.T.A.R. Ankle–a total ankle replacement prosthesis that is the first of its kind to receive FDA approval in the U.S.
- Represented St. Eve International, Inc., a leading supplier of women’s undergarments, women’s sleepwear and children’s apparel, in its asset sale to Russell-Newman, Inc. The combined entity will be one of the largest intimate apparel companies in the world, supplying most major retailers.
- Represented a New Jersey-based leading supplier of paint applicator products in its sale to the Gordon Brush Company.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in a private placement of approximately $11 million of Series C Preferred Stock.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.