Gemma Giantomasi is a member in the firm’s Real Estate, Development & Land Use Group. She represents purchasers, sellers, developers and lenders in real estate transactions. She focuses her practice on real estate acquisitions, sales, finance, condominium development and creation. Her practice also includes alcoholic beverage control law. She has experience with alcoholic beverage control licensing and has successfully handled many applications for person-to-person and place-to-place liquor license transfers before various alcoholic beverage control boards and municipal councils.
Gemma received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law, where she was inducted into the Order of the Coif. While in law school, she served as a Notes and Articles Editor of the Fordham Law Review and was active on the Moot Court Board. She also interned for the Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh, U.S.D.N.J. during law school. She received her B.A. in communications and political science, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania in 2002.
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list, Real Estate (2011-2020)
- Included in NJBIZ, Best 50 Women in Business (2019)
- Included in NJBIZ, Forty Under 40 (2018)
- Included in New Jersey Law Journal, New Leaders of the Bar (2017)
- Recipient, New Jersey State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Community Service Award (2016)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Opportunity Project, Board of Trustees General Counsel and Secretary
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., Communications and Political Science, magna cum laude, 2002)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Represented the largest condominium development in the history of the City of Newark approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
- Represented developers in affordable and emerging market unit condominium projects in Jersey City, Newark, Bloomfield and Orange
- Represented ownership as local counsel in the sale of One Newark Center, a 423,000 SF office tower located in downtown Newark
- Created a commercial condominium for an office park in Bridgewater
- Obtained an Annual State Permit liquor license for a New Jersey baseball stadium
- Represented clients in the acquisition and transfer of liquor licenses into Newark’s Downtown Family Restaurant and Entertainment District
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.