Fred Lavinthal focuses on complex real property and development transactions throughout the United States. He provides strategic counseling, representation and litigation support to a diverse client base that ranges from individuals to large public and private business organizations, including national developers, manufacturers, hotel operators and retail chains. Fred prides himself on delivering value-engineered legal services to his clients in order to provide the highest quality product in the most cost-effective manner.
Fred served as special assistant to the Speaker of the New Jersey General Assembly from 1969 to 1970 and served as law secretary to the Honorable Melvin P. Antell, Superior Court of New Jersey from 1972 to 1973.
Fred received his J.D. from Rutgers Law School and received his B.A., in political science with highest honors, from Rutgers College, where he was a Henry Rutgers Scholar.
Fred is a featured speaker at various seminars where he has addressed diverse real estate and commercial leasing topics.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Real Estate and Real Estate Law (2008-2019; 2021-2023)
Recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” for the Newark metro area, Litigation – Real Estate (2017)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Real Estate (2005-2011)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1972)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., 1969)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Represented Lennar Corporation in its purchase and partnering with Roseland Properties on a portfolio of more than a dozen sites on New Jersey’s Hudson River “Gold Coast”
- Represented Garden Commercial Properties in its acquisition and repositioning of the former Johnson & Johnson campus in North Brunswick, NJ, consisting of approximately 200 acres and more than one million square feet of existing buildings
- Represented New Jersey Transit Corporation in its effort to privatize the operation of approximately 100 structured and surface parking facilities
- Served as redevelopment counsel to private redevelopers in numerous venues in New Jersey, including the redevelopment of the City of Asbury Park’s Waterfront Redevelopment Area by Asbury Partners, an iStar, Inc. affiliate where new residential and mixed use buildings have been and continue to be constructed including a hotel recently voted the best new hotel in the country
- Represents several national retailers, and has represented developers of factory outlet centers including Manchester Designer Outlets in Vermont
- Advises on office headquarters, general warehousing, distribution, commercial, medical facility and ground leases
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.