Francis M. Giantomasi practices with the firm’s Litigation and White Collar Defense & Investigations Groups. While he focuses on white collar criminal defense, corporate investigations, complex commercial litigation and appellate practice, he has also counseled property management groups, condominium associations, and housing cooperatives in various areas and litigated and tried commercial and residential evictions matters on behalf of landlords and tenants throughout the state of New Jersey.
Frank has been featured in The New York Times’ “Ask Real Estate” column and was named to Hoboken Mayor-elect Ravi Bhalla’s Transition Team in 2017.
Prior to joining the firm, Frank was an Associate at Genova Burns Giantomasi & Webster. Frank received his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law and served as President of the Student Outreach Society, Vice President of the Irish American Law Students Association and Senator in the Student Bar Association. While at Seton Hall Law, Frank worked in the Immigration and Immigrant Workers’ Rights Clinic. He also interned for the Honorable Jose L. Linares of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
After graduating from Seton Hall Law, Frank clerked for the Honorable Jerome M. St. John, J.A.D (Ret.), of the New Jersey Superior Court, in the Appellate Division as well as the Essex County Vicinage Criminal Division. He graduated from Wesleyan University in 2007 with a B.A. in Government. Frank is a member of the Essex County Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, and in 2019 was selected to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Essex County Legal Aid Association.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation (2022; 2024); Criminal Defense: White Collar (2022-2024)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Essex County Legal Aid Association, Board of Directors
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- Branch Brook Park Alliance
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Wesleyan University (B.A., Government, 2007)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Represented a private condominium association involved in its day-to-day operations as well as property damage disputes, with risk liability in excess of $100 million.
- Managed the litigation needs of a housing cooperative relating to the collection of arrears and the seizure of units.
- Represented landlords in residential and commercial eviction proceedings for non-payment of rent and other grounds with success throughout the state in negotiations and victories at trial.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.