Dorit Kressel has over 20 years of experience in public finance. She has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in numerous transactions at the state and local level.
Dorit focuses her practice on complex financings for the State of New Jersey and its agencies and authorities, including the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority, the South Jersey Transportation Authority, the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority, and others. Her extensive experience includes advising on transactional and tax aspects of matters involving general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, private activity bonds, complex refunding and restructuring transactions, forward delivery structures, and interest rate hedging transactions. Dorit has also assisted clients, including the State of New Jersey and the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank, in drafting enabling legislation for new financing initiatives.
Dorit served as a judicial law clerk to Associate Justice Gary S. Stein of the New Jersey Supreme Court. She has also taught law courses to graduate and undergraduate business students at William Paterson University of New Jersey.
Dorit is a member of the Order of the Coif. She graduated cum laude from Fordham University School of Law, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Fordham Law Review. Dorit received her LL.M., in Taxation, from New York University School of Law.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law (2023); Public Finance Law (2024)
- Included in NJBIZ, Best 50 Women in Business (2013)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., in Taxation)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1984)
- New Jersey
- New York