Courtney M. Gaccione practices with the firm’s Employment Law Group, where she brings to bear more than 20 years of experience delivering strategic legal counsel in all areas of employee relations.
Courtney focuses her practice on employment training, development and review of workplace policies and procedures, investigations, contract review and negotiations and workplace compliance and best practices. Courtney provides legal advice to senior management on employment issues such as employee separations, reductions in force, benefits, leaves of absence, employee training and policies with a focus on risk avoidance and minimization of litigation. Courtney also has experience in traditional labor law matters such as collective negotiations, employee grievances and arbitrations, unfair practice charges and resolution of labor disputes.
In her previous roles, Courtney has served as Chief Legal Counsel to a New Jersey healthcare system and as County Counsel for the County of Essex providing legal, ethical, and business guidance to C-suite level employees on a range of matters including compliance with federal and state laws, contract negotiations, workplace accommodations, employment training, investigations, the development, implementation, and enforcement of workplace policies and more.
Courtney earned her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law, with a concentration in Labor and Employment Law and Labor Relations, and her B.S., in Business Management with a concentration in Organizational Management, from Rutgers University.
- Essex County Department of Health, Site Coordinator of Covid-19 Vaccination Center (December 2020-May 2021)
- New Jersey Association of Counties-Association of County Counsels, Member (2015-2022)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Committee Member (2006-2009)
- New Jersey Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section Committee Chair (2007-2008)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Rutgers University (B.S., 1993)
- New Jersey