Cory Simmons practices with the firm’s Litigation Group—focusing on Equipment Leasing & Asset Based Lending. He represents national and regional banks in all aspects of equipment leasing, asset based lending, and civil litigation in New York and New Jersey state and federal courts.
On behalf of his clients, Cory routinely handles dispositive motion practice, mediations, and judicial hearings. Cory works closely with clients on risk assessment and mitigation, discovery issues, drafting affidavits, and preparation for deposition testimony.
Prior to joining CSG Law, Cory was an associate at a New York based firm, focusing on the defense of complex construction defect claims in both State and Federal Courts in New York and New Jersey. In this capacity, Cory handled matters from inception to conclusion, including initial case assessment and development of case strategy.
Cory earned his J.D., cum laude, from Rutgers Law School and his B.A. in English and American Literature from New York University. Following law school, Cory clerked for the Honorable Ernest M. Caposela, A.J.S.C, Superior Court of New Jersey, Passaic Vicinage, where he drafted bench memoranda, orders, and opinions for the civil and chancery division dockets.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation (2024)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- New York University (B.A., English and American Literature, 2010)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York