Catherine Wells is a commercial litigator with more than 30 years of experience representing management in all types of employment-related matters, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues and other business-related torts. In addition to regularly appearing before the state and federal courts in New Jersey, Catherine routinely handles matters before numerous administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Commission, United States Department of Labor, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights and other administrative agencies.
In addition to her litigation practice, she counsels employers in connection with the development and implementation of employment policies, training programs and other workforce management issues.
Catherine graduated cum laude from Seton Hall University and magna cum laude from Seton Hall University School of Law, where she was a member of the Constitutional Law Journal.
- Included in Chambers USA, New Jersey Labor & Employment (2011-2022)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law – Management (2014-2023); Employment Law – Management (2020-2023); Litigation – Labor and Employment (2021-2023)
Recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” for the Newark metro area, Employment Law – Management (2023)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Employment & Labor (2005; 2008-2022)
Selected to the “Top 50 Women” list (2010-2014)
- Recipient, New Jersey Law Journal, Mentor of the Year Award (2020)
- Recipient, Tri-County Scholarship Fund, Trustee of Justice Award (2019)
- Included in NJBIZ, Best 50 Women in Business (2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Former Executive Board Member
- Prevent Child Abuse – NJ, Board of Directors, President
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1990)
- Seton Hall University (B.A., cum laude, 1987)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey