Arthur Goldstein practices in the areas of banking, commercial and estate litigation, and white collar criminal law. In addition to serving as special counsel for complex litigation for Somerset County, Arthur serves as court-appointed counsel and represents private clients in connection with substantial estate, probate and guardianship matters, as well as complex commercial litigation.
Arthur regularly represents professionals and professional organizations in a wide range of matters, including professional negligence, misconduct and malpractice claims, shareholder disputes, and fee contests.
Before entering private practice, Arthur held the positions of law secretary to Associate Justice Worral F. Mountain of the New Jersey Supreme Court from 1973 to 1974; assistant U.S. attorney for the District of New Jersey from 1974 to 1978; and special assistant to the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania in 1974.
Arthur graduated from Rutgers Law School with high honors and was a member of Phi Alpha Theta while attending Temple University for his undergraduate studies.
- Included in Chambers USA, New Jersey Litigation (2009-2017)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Real Estate; Litigation – Trusts and Estates (2005-2024)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, General Litigation; Business Litigation (2005-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- Recipient, Special Achievement Award for “Outstanding Service as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey” (1975)
- Recipient, Special Commendation for “Outstanding Performances as an Assistant U.S. Attorney” from the Attorney General of the United States (1974)
- Recipient, Anthony Englebrecht and Alumni Awards for Outstanding Scholarship, Rutgers Law School (1973)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar, Former Vice President
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1973)
- Temple University (B.A., 1970)
- New Jersey
- New York