Matrimonial Issues and Trust Planning: Practical Planning Tips for Practitioners
Susan Reach Winters, Chair of CSG’s Family Law Group, will be joined by other industry leaders on April 29, from 4:00 – 5:00 PM, to discuss the various tools, provisions and advice practitioners should consider when handling matrimonial and trust planning matters for clients. The panelists will address the following questions:
- What provisions should you include in a revocable trust or DAPT?
- What schedules should be attached to each type of trust?
- When might it be appropriate to use each type of trust?
- What provisions might be included in a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement?
- What is the importance of keeping separate property separate?
- Why is it advisable to use an independent trustee for divorce protection?
- Is there potential for decanting and change of jurisdiction on existing trusts and how may that be used to bolster matrimonial planning?