20th Annual Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conference
September 23, 2009
For the 20th consecutive year, Wolff & Samson's Fidelity and Surety Group co-sponsored the Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conference, which was held this year on September 23 – 25 at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. The co-sponsors presented 14 papers on topics of interest to the claims representatives of surety and fidelity companies. Wolff & Samson attorneys made presentations on the following papers:
- Armen Shahinian and Joseph Monaghan co-authored a paper entitled "Subdivision Bonds: Practical Tips in Investigating and Defending Claims and Mitigating Damages"
- James D. Ferrucci co-authored a paper entitled "The Surety's Right/Need To Retain Collateral After Release of Bond Liability: Revival of Surety's Liability and Avoiding Bankruptcy Pitfalls"
- Adam P. Friedman authored a paper entitled "Fidelity Claims -- The Year in Review"
- Howard K. Uniman co-authored a paper entitled: "A Practical Guide To Avoiding the Pitfalls and Expense of Protracted Disputes over Document Production and E-Discovery"
- Darryl Weissman prepared and moderated the Surety Case Study
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, NJ