Marisa Rauchway leads the Franchise Team at CSG Law and serves as a strategic legal advisor and partner to the local, regional and national franchise community across a wide range of industries.
As both a seasoned corporate attorney and litigator, Marisa assists clients in navigating legal issues both in and out of court, including prospective franchisees, current single- and multi-unit franchise operators, and franchisors. In her corporate practice, Marisa advises prospective franchisees throughout the purchase process and routinely reviews franchise disclosure documents and negotiates franchise and multi-unit/area development agreements. She also provides counsel in connection with franchise portfolio expansion and sales and transfers, and advises on both smaller-scale purchases, as well as on large-scale, regional and national multi-unit transactions.
Marisa represents franchise, retail and distributor clients in both pre-litigation and litigation matters throughout the country and abroad, in all facets of disputes between and among franchisees, franchisors, and members of the supply chain industry. Marisa also routinely represents clients in commercial landlord-tenant matters and member/shareholder disputes. These matters involve a wide variety of industries, including luxury watches and jewelry, food and beverage, appliance, furniture and outdoor recreation. Additionally, Marisa often represents clients in connection with claims pursuant to the New Jersey Franchise Practices Act.
Marisa has also spoken on franchise topics throughout the country, including at annual events hosted by the International Franchise Association and the International Franchise Expo.
Marisa obtained a Certified Franchise Executive™ designation from the Institute of Certified Franchise Executives in 2016 and served as co-chair of the New York/New Jersey Chapter of the Women’s Franchise Network, part of the International Franchise Association, from 2016 to 2021.
- Boston University Law School (J.D., 2008)
- Georgetown University (Franchise Management Certificate, 2016)
- Princeton University (B.A., 2004)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- ROI-NJ, Influencers: Women in Business (2023)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2021-2022)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2017-2018)
- New Jersey Law Journal, New Leaders of the Bar (2019)
- New York/New Jersey Chapter of the Women’s Franchise Network, Co, Chair (2016-2021)
- Institute of Certified Franchised Executives, Certified Franchise Executive (2016)
- District V C Ethics Committee Essex County – West Essex, Member, appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court (2014-2018)
- International Franchise Association, Supplier Member