Construction professionals, developers, property owners and contractors face a broad spectrum of issues at each phase of the construction process. A successful project requires skillful navigation of everything from financing and environmental issues to contracts, insurance and performance disputes.
The CSG Law Construction Team delivers a full array of solutions tailored specifically to addressing these and other challenges facing the construction industry and its stakeholders, including:
- Negotiating and drafting construction contracts
- Structuring and coordinating financing with underwriters, institutional lenders and public entities
- Providing insurance and surety coverage analysis
- Resolving environmental issues
- Counseling clients during the construction phase of a project – including resolution of disputes between owners, contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers
- Analyzing lien issues and litigating lien foreclosure actions
- Formulating, developing, prosecuting and defending construction claims
- Mediating and arbitrating construction disputes
- Litigating construction disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country
Our attorneys come from a variety of backgrounds – from career construction litigators to in-house counsel responsible for managing corporate construction portfolios – and appreciate the need to keep projects on track and on schedule. As such, we bring meaningful, firsthand knowledge of the construction project management, cost estimation and risk assessment issues that arise at each point in a project’s lifecycle. We are also at the forefront of breaking trends and developing issues through active involvement in construction and surety legal associations.
Construction Litigation and Dispute Resolution
While we work closely with our clients to cost-effectively resolve disputes, we also recognize that litigation sometimes is unavoidable. CSG Law clients benefit from our litigation and arbitration experience in federal, state and bankruptcy courts, as well as before local, regional and national tribunals.
Architect and Engineer Professional Liability
CSG Law has represented architects and engineers in defense of defective design cases, as well as owners, contractors and sureties in claims against architects and engineers for negligent or defective design. Leveraging their extensive backgrounds in construction and construction litigation, our attorneys have litigated construction and design errors and omissions cases in New York, New Jersey and throughout the U.S.
In the area of construction contracting, CSG Law represents clients involved in a broad range of projects – from flight simulation and testing facilities to entertainment venues and biomedical facilities. We negotiate architect’s agreements, construction management agreements, design/build contracts and a variety of other construction agreements. We are well-versed in both public construction and the bid process for state-funded projects.