From California to Massachusetts and soon, perhaps, to New Jersey, marijuana has been legalized, creating an estimated $16 billion industry that is expected to more than double in size by 2021. The cannabis industry is increasingly front and center in the minds of entrepreneurs and investors alike. However, no industry is exempt from risk, and those servicing, operating or investing in the medical and recreational cannabis sectors are faced with a particularly complex regulatory environment.
Drawing from the depth of CSG’s experienced attorneys across a myriad of disciplines, our Cannabis Law Group is uniquely positioned to help the sector’s stakeholders navigate regulatory complexity, understand their rights and capitalize on this promising field.
CSG’s Cannabis Law Group helps address a full range of issues in support of the medical and recreational cannabis sectors, including:
- Compliance and corporate governance
- Government and regulatory affairs
- Trademark and copyright
- Banking and finance
- Raising and deploying capital
- Real estate and land use
For real-time insight from CSG’s Cannabis Law Group exploring the evolution of New Jersey’s cannabis policies and its impact on the state’s business community, please visit our CannaBiz Law Blog.
Disclaimer: Using, possessing, distributing and/or selling marijuana is illegal under federal law, regardless of any state law. Businesses and individuals should be aware that compliance with state law does not assure compliance with federal law. No legal advice we give is intended to provide any guidance or assistance in violating federal law.
- New Jersey Business Magazine: Preparing For Legal Cannabis in New Jersey
- ROI-NJ: Cannabis conundrums - Employment lawyers break down issues firms will face if recreational pot is legalized
- COMMERCE Magazine: When the Smoke Clears, Cannabis Will Be the Garden State's New Cash Crop
- NJ Cannabis Insider: Predictions for New Jersey's Cannabis Industry in 2019
- NJBIZ: Cannabis legalization expected to create robust ancillary market
- NJBIZ: Harvesting new business: Evolution of NJ cannabis market presents big opportunities for local firms
- New Jersey Business Magazine: The Cannabis Question: Reality vs. the Haze
- NJ Cannabis Insider: Life after Aug. 31: Gearing up for future cannabis licensing opportunities in N.J.
- NJBIZ: Where is NJ with legal marijuana, and will NY steal our thunder?
- COMMERCE Magazine: Growing Business Opportunities in NJ's Cannabis Industry: A Legal Perspective
- NJBIZ: So much to do, so little time: What it takes to vie for an ATC license
- NJ Cannabis Media: Who does tight application time frame benefit?
- NJ Cannabis Media: Location, location, location: Part 2
- NJ Cannabis Media: Steps to take to secure 1 of 6 new ATC licenses
- NJ Cannabis Insider: It's high time for N.J. employers to address marijuana in the workplace
- NJ Cannabis Insider: What's next for medical marijuana in N.J.
- NJ Cannabis Insider: Five Questions With Lee Vartan
- ROI-NJ: Move to expand medicinal marijuana use welcomed by legal practice groups
- ROI-NJ: CSG, citing years of insight and experience, introduces cannabis law group
- Update on Implementation of the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act
- Update on the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act
- The New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act -- Questions Abound