Administrative changes, whether at the federal, state or local levels, bring with them shifting environmental priorities and policies. Given this rapid pace of consequential change, companies are wise to seek advisors with a finger on the pulse of the latest regulatory developments, as well as a keen ability to evaluate how these changes may affect them.
The experience brought to bear by CSG’s Environmental Group – coupled with its insightful navigation of the public and private sectors – affords clients a powerful ally in minimizing risk exposure and achieving top-line business objectives.
Clients turn to CSG for help anticipating regulatory trends involving a range of federal and state environmental laws, including:
- Brownfields and Contaminated Site Remediation Act
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Federal and state public waters and wetlands laws
- Hazardous Discharge Site Remediation Act (HDSRA)
- Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA)
The Group’s attorneys are highly engaged in the regulatory policy process and have been instrumental in the development and adoption of numerous changes in environmental legislation over the past decades – including the New Jersey Brownfields and Contaminated Site Remediation Act in 1998, the Electric Discount and Energy Competition Act in 1999 and the Site Remediation Reform Act in 2009.
The Group is widely regarded as one of the leading environmental practices in New Jersey and New York, and has been recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and as a Tier 1 firm in New Jersey by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020.