A matrix of complex regulations and increased public and governmental scrutiny expose even the most well-intentioned organizations to environmental disputes. This complex area of law demands equally sophisticated representation, and CSG stands ready to assist.
Regularly recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America®, our nationally acclaimed team of environmental litigators brings extensive experience representing clients faced with administrative, civil and criminal enforcement actions.
Members of the group regularly appear before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), New Jersey Office of Administrative Law, New York Department of Environmental Conservation, New York Office of Administrative Hearings, Army Corps of Engineers, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), county boards of health and other state and local agencies.
Our representations also include court-ordered and private alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
CSG’s Environmental Group helps clients efficiently manage disputes and litigation risk related to:
- Civil and criminal enforcement actions resulting from discharges or permit violations
- Clean Air Act, Water Pollution Control, RCRA and other complicated regulatory processes
- Cost recovery actions
- Environmental permitting
- Groundwater and soil contamination
- Landfill closure and remediation
- Natural resource damage claims
- Operation of resource recovery and manufacturing facilities
- Redevelopment and Brownfield sites