CSG Launches Family Law Practice with Addition of Esteemed Family Law Group
L-R: Tremain L. Stanley, Thomas D. Baldwin, Susan Reach Winters, Patricia Tuckman, Stephen J. McNamara, Deborah E. Nelson; Not Pictured: Philip C. Chronakis
Continuing what has been a summer of extraordinary strategic growth, Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC (“CSG”) is pleased to announce that seven family law attorneys from the recently closed Budd Larner joined the firm effective July 1, 2019.
Their arrival marks the creation of CSG’s new Family Law Group, which will be comprised of:
- Susan Reach Winters joins as a Member and will serve as the Group’s Chair. She brings more than 30 years of experience across all areas of family law – including divorce, prenuptial agreements, business and other asset valuations, custody and visitation, child support, alimony, and equitable distribution.
- Thomas D. Baldwin joins as a Member, and brings more than 30 years of experience handling all types of family law matters, including divorce, custody, child removal, domestic violence, issues relating to the preparation, enforcement and setting aside of family-type agreements, and post-judgment matters.
- Philip C. Chronakis joins as a Member. He handles family law and commercial litigation matters in New Jersey and New York’s federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. He represents corporate and individual clients in complex commercial litigation, arbitration, mediation, appeals, contract negotiations, administrative proceedings, and criminal defense matters.
- Deborah E. Nelson joins as a Member. For more than 30 years, she has helped resolve family issues – including divorce, custody, paternity, termination of parental rights, interstate child removal, international child abduction, adoption, guardianship, prenuptial agreements and post-divorce enforcement, and modification of judgments.
- Tremain L. Stanley joins as a Member and will serve as Practice Group Leader. A seasoned litigator and mediator with more than 20 years of experience, she is regularly called upon by individuals engaged in family and matrimonial disputes to help negotiate, settle and enforce agreements involving divorce, child support and custody, alimony and domestic violence.
- Stephen J. McNamara joins as an Associate. His practice focuses on a variety of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, post-judgment issues and domestic violence.
- Patricia Tuckman joins as an Associate. Her extensive experience is focused primarily on child-related issues of custody, parenting time and child support.
“Our strategic plan has called for the formation of a family law practice to facilitate continued one-stop shopping for clients, and required that we onboard a robust, experienced group of attorneys to ensure a seamless integration,” commented Daniel A. Schwartz, Managing Member. “We were thrilled when the opportunity arose to have a group of this caliber – led by Susan, a stellar attorney and renowned thought leader in the space – and its clientele join the CSG family.”
To accommodate the group and its clients, in Fall 2019, CSG will open a new office in Short Hills, New Jersey that will serve as mediation and meeting space – adding to the firm’s physical footprint in the dynamic West Essex and Morris counties. The Short Hills office will be the firm’s fourth, in addition to its established offices in West Orange, New York City and Trenton.
“We have long known CSG as an energized, influential firm whose attorneys are collaborative, knowledgeable and compassionate advisors, all traits which align with our group’s values and client expectations,” said Winters. “We look forward to hitting the ground running – continuing to work closely alongside our clients to deliver innovative solutions all while tapping into new synergies with the backing of one of New Jersey’s powerhouse firms.”
These latest additions close out a flurry of 16 early-summer lateral hires that have added to CSG’s Trusts & Estates Group; brought dynamic, young talent to several of the firm’s core practices; and driven its headcount to 156 attorneys.
“The sheer volume of first-class talent that has joined CSG since the beginning of 2019 is a testament to the firm’s staying power in the marketplace, and speaks to the thoughtful planning and foresight on behalf of the firm’s leadership,” added Francis J. Giantomasi, Member of CSG’s Executive Committee. “We will continue to develop forward-looking practices in anticipation of our clients’ needs, and we remain committed to standing beside them as fully-integrated business advisors and problem solvers.”