Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC Announces Six Attorney Promotions
CSG is pleased to announce today six attorney promotions, effective January 1, 2017. The status changes are as follows:
- Gemma Giantomasi, formerly counsel, has become a member in the firm's Real Estate, Development and Land Use Group. Ms. Giantomasi is an experienced attorney specializing in real estate acquisitions, sales, financing, condominium development and creation, as well as alcoholic beverage control law.
- Darren Grzyb, formerly an associate, has been promoted to member in the firm’s Fidelity & Surety Group. Although he has extensive general commercial litigation experience, Mr. Grzyb primarily represents and counsels surety companies with respect to construction default and performance bond claims, payment bond claims, license/court bond claims and all aspects of surety law throughout New York and New Jersey.
- Brian Kantar, formerly an associate, has been promoted to counsel in the firm’s Fidelity & Surety and Litigation Groups. Mr. Kantar is an experienced commercial litigator, regularly representing surety companies, contractors and developers in a wide variety of contract disputes, performance and payment bond claims, affirmative claims, bankruptcy issues, contractor workouts and related matters.
- Anthony Marchese has become counsel in the firm’s Tax Appeals and Real Estate, Development and Land Use Groups. With 16 years of experience, he handles a variety of litigation, tax appeals and bankruptcy cases, and advises both private taxpayers and municipalities through all aspects of tax appeal proceedings in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
- Michael Plumb, formerly an associate, has been promoted to counsel in the firm’s Environmental Group. Mr. Plumb’s practice includes all aspects of environmental law, including litigation, regulatory and compliance counseling and enforcement. His clients also draw on his expertise in building and permitting new and existing energy infrastructure.
- James Van Splinter, formerly an associate, has become counsel in the firm’s Litigation Group. He both leads and assists on cases before state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations before FINRA, the American Arbitration Association and the American Health Lawyers Association. Mr. Van Splinter also has experience in appellate practice on the state and federal levels.
“Our firm continues to expand rapidly throughout both New York and New Jersey, due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our talented attorneys,” said Daniel Schwartz, managing member of Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi. “At CSG, we are committed to both fostering attorneys’ development and recognizing them for their contributions. These six individuals exemplify that philosophy, and we look forward to their continued success.”