Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi is currently looking to fill the following positions:
Corporate and Securities Group
Private Investment Fund Attorney: Immediate opening for a private investment fund attorney with 8+ years of experience and a minimum of $500,000 in portable business. Qualified candidates must be experienced in representation of investment advisors/managers in the structuring and formation of domestic and offshore private equity, venture capital and hedge funds and in ongoing regulatory, reporting and compliance matters for private funds. The private equity fund component must include real estate private equity, with private REIT formation a plus. Public fund formation experience is a plus but not essential.
Candidates should have excellent written and verbal skills, outstanding academic credentials and the ability to handle multiple assignments contemporaneously. New Jersey and New York bar required.
Real Estate, Development & Land Use Group
Senior Leasing Attorney (NYC Office): Immediate opening for a commercial real estate attorney with 15+ years leasing experience in New Jersey and New York. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a collegial environment with some of the leading real estate lawyers in the region. Leasing experience must include representing both landlords and tenants on office, retail and industrial leases in New York and New Jersey. New York and New Jersey bar required.
Real Estate Transactional/Leasing Attorney: Immediate opening for a commercial real estate attorney with transactional and leasing experience in New Jersey and New York. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in a collegial environment with leading real estate lawyers in the region.
Primary Qualifications (Required):
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate transactions and leasing.
- Transactional experience must include drafting and negotiating all documents from contract to closing for commercial property acquisition, sale and financing, plus a thorough understanding of title, survey and due diligence review.
- Leasing experience must include representing both landlords and tenants on office, retail and industrial leases in New Jersey and New York.
- New Jersey and New York bar admissions
Secondary Qualifications (Each is a plus but is not required):
- Experience with hotel franchise and management agreements
- Experience representing lenders in commercial real estate loans
Trusts & Estates
Trusts & Estates Associate: Immediate opening for a trusts and estates attorney with 5+ years’ experience. Qualified candidates should have experience drafting sophisticated estate planning documents for high net worth individuals. Candidates should have excellent written and verbal skills, outstanding academic credentials and the ability to handle multiple assignments contemporaneously. LLM preferred. New Jersey bar required. Submissions should include “Trust & Estates Associate” in the subject line.
Business Immigration Paralegal: Immediate opening for a Business Immigration Paralegal with 3+ years of industry experience in the New York City Office.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following: identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects, assist in the hiring and training of new team members, learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications, work closely in a team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of firm and client processes, oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems, run reports as needed, prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload and production, review and approve client billing under supervision of partner or attorney, communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases, drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits, analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency, perform intake of cases, troubleshooting and establishing case strategy.
The requirements for this position include a BA or BS degree, 3+ years of experience as a business immigration paralegal, possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes, experience drafting RFEs and PERM Audit responses, drafting and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including H-1B and PERM, demonstrate ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining high level of productivity, excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands, meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor, demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team, and ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
Office Services Associate: The Office Services Associate position is responsible for providing general clerical office support, including: copy, mail, facility and records functions. This position is 50% clerical and 50% manual labor.
- Utilize appropriate logs for all office services work.
- Ensure that job tickets are properly filled out before beginning work.
- Perform work in copy, mail, facilities and records functions as needed and according to established procedures.
- Follow procedures so as to run copy/print/scan jobs in proper order.
- Communicate with supervisor on job or deadline issues.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment problems.
- Load copiers with various paper and toner.
- Perform quality assurance on work of others as requested.
- Place service calls when needed.
- Answer telephone in service center.
- Use equipment and supplies in a cost efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Assist with office moves including furniture and office equipment relocation.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Creation of new files, following established procedures.
- Data entry into the records management database.
- Prepare records/boxes for off-site storage as necessary, adhering to document retention policies.
- Locate/retrieve files upon request.
- Follow-up on checked out files to guarantee records are returned in a timely manner.
- Participate in department projects as needed.
- Provide a high level of customer service and respond to all requestors within the established standard time frame.
- Liaise with offsite storage vendors when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and complete all projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Able to make independent decisions that conform to business needs and policy.
- Good problem solving skills, with the ability and understanding of when to escalate a problem to a supervisory level.
- Good written communication skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor.
- Must be self-motivated with positive can do attitude.
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with and comfort using power drill and other small power tools extremely helpful.
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Interested candidates should submit their resume to: email@example.com.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Director of Recruitment & Professional Development
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC
One Boland Drive
West Orange, NJ 07052
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified minorities, veterans and/or women are encouraged to apply.