Scott Lichtenstein practices primarily in the firm’s Fidelity & Surety Group. He has litigated a wide variety of surety and fidelity claims in many of New York’s and New Jersey’s federal and state courts, as well as in various ADR settings. In addition to his litigation experience, he often handles “out of court” matters such as workouts, program defaults, and loss mitigation. Scott also enjoys writing and presenting on various topics in surety and fidelity law, and routinely does so.
Scott earned his J.D. at Rutgers Law School, where he was managing editor of the Rutgers Race and the Law Review. He received a B.A. in philosophy and political science from Rutgers University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Prior to joining the firm in 2010, Scott clerked for the Honorable Edith K. Payne, J.A.D. in the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Surety, Business Litigation (2013-2019)
- Jewish Law Symposium, Advisory Board