Samuel Newbold represents companies from all over the country as well as multinational organizations spanning the globe, providing counsel on employment-based immigration matters as well as corporate compliance best practices. Sam’s diverse corporate clientele operates in almost every industry imaginable including, but not limited to, information technology, banking and finance, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, education, health care, transportation and engineering. Sam has also developed an emerging companies practice – specifically representing foreign entrepreneurs and principals looking to launch start-up companies in the U.S. – and is aligned with several New York City-based accelerators and venture capital firms.
Sam is also a member of CSG’s Alternative Capital Group and manages the firm’s EB-5 practice, representing individual foreign investors, Regional Centers and developers participating in the EB-5 program. He has successfully counselled hundreds of individual EB-5 investors and their families through the entire EB-5 process, as well as dozens of Regional Centers and developers seeking to utilize EB-5 capital in their projects. Sam works closely with the firm’s Corporate & Securities and Real Estate, Development & Land Use Groups on EB-5 project structuring to ensure compliance with EB-5 immigration regulations.
Sam has substantial experience litigating immigration cases before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (“EOIR”) and the Board of Immigration Appeals within the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as before various U.S. District Courts.
A distinguished speaker, Sam has presented on complex immigration issues throughout the country and around the world. He has been recognized in the 2014-2018 editions of New York Metro Super Lawyers – Rising Stars and EB-5 Investors Magazine’s Top 5 Rising Stars in EB-5.
Sam proudly serves on the Board of Directors for the Safe Passage Project, a New York-based nonprofit that provides pro bono legal services to unaccompanied children in immigration proceedings.
- New York Law School (J.D.)
- Elon University (B.A.)
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York State Appellate Division, First Department
- New Jersey State Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- The National Law Journal, Immigration Law Trailblazer (2020)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2014-2020)
- EB-5 Investors Magazine, “Top 5 Rising Stars in EB-5”
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Committee on Immigration Representation, Member
- President's Committee on Access to Justice, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association