Sam Della Fera, Jr. brings nearly 30 years of experience representing the interests of his clients – which include individual and corporate debtors, trustees, creditors’ committees, secured creditors, landlords and other parties – in commercial litigation, bankruptcy, debtor and creditors’ rights, and in financial restructurings and workouts both in and outside of court. He is seasoned in all aspects of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 matters and is both a Subchapter V bankruptcy trustee and a New Jersey Bankruptcy Court approved mediator.
Sam has been regularly published on trends and emerging concerns in the areas of bankruptcy and restructuring and often moderates and speaks before the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education among other organizations. Highly regarded by his peers in the legal profession, he has also been recognized extensively among The Best Lawyers in America® and New Jersey Super Lawyers.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D.)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2016-2021)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers – Bankruptcy: Business (2006, 2008-2021)
- Morris Stern Pro Bono Bankruptcy Project of the Year Project, Rutgers Law School – Volunteer Attorney of the Year (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2017-2019, 2022)