Roxanna Hammett is a member of the Trusts & Estates and Tax Groups.
Roxy’s practice focuses on all aspects of estate planning, including the drafting of wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, living wills and all other estate planning documents. She advises individuals and families on techniques for the transfer of assets to minimize estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes. She represents executors and trustees with regard to the administration of estates and trusts, including the preparation of all necessary state and federal estate, gift and inheritance tax returns, and helps clients with issues regarding probate, distributions to beneficiaries and fiduciary duties.
Roxy is a cum laude graduate of Cornell Law School and received the Joseph Weintraub Memorial Scholarship. She volunteered in the Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and was a member of the Women’s Law Association. She earned her undergraduate degree from Drew University, where she graduated summa cum laude and was a member of the dean’s list. While at Drew University, she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honor Society), the Drew Scholars program, the French Club, Le Journal Français, Drew Law Journal and the Judicial Board.
- Cornell Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1987)
- Drew University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1984)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ (2015)
- New Jersey’s Women Leaders in the Law (2012-2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Essex County Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association