Rosh H. Jaffe is a member in the firm's Banking & Finance and Real Estate, Development & Land Use Groups.
His practice focuses on a variety of banking and finance matters – with an emphasis on advising money center banks, institutional lenders, private banks and lenders as well as regional and foreign-based banks and lenders across a range of transaction types. His extensive experience encompasses all aspects of commercial real estate acquisition, refinancing and construction financing, remedial workouts, distressed debt and debt restructuring transactions. Rosh also advises his clients in connection with asset based lending, life insurance premium finance, and loans secured by marketable securities, investment property, including hedge fund interest, objet d'art and maritime vessels.
When not advising his banking and finance clients, Rosh is called upon by owners and developers of commercial real estate to provide counsel on matters involving real estate acquisitions, acquisitions, dispositions and development.
Prior to joining the firm, Rosh was a Partner at Zeichner Ellman & Krause LLP.
- Touro Law Center (J.D., 2004)
- Muhlenberg College (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Represented money center bank in connection with a $90MM loan secured by a 300+ acre/21 sound stage movie and television production studio.
- Represented regional lender in connection with a $50MM construction loan consisting of mortgage and mezzanine financing.
- Represented syndicate of lenders in $100 million construction loan for a redevelopment project in New Jersey.
- Represented syndicate of lenders in a $42 million acquisition and pre-development financing package in connection with a mixed use joint development project in New York City.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with $40 million in real estate and asset secured financing to a not-for-profit health care company.
- Representation of institutional lender’s private banking group with a $250 million loan to a family financial management company.
- Represented New York City hotel owner and operator relating to various loan facilities and working capital lines of credit.
- Represented CMBS special servicer in connection with foreclosed retail shopping centers, receiverships and ownership and operation thereof.
- Represented CMBS special servicer in connection with the restructure and re-capitalization of a $400MM loan secured by a marquee New York City building.
- Represented CMBS special servicer through workout of a defaulted $100MM mortgage loan secured by an upscale New York City hotel.
- Representation of private banking groups within banking institutions with respect to a multitude of lending transactions including custom credit transactions tailored for the bank’s high net worth clients, including real estate, liquid secured and unsecured structured credit facilities.
- Provided corporate in-house legal departments with institutional guidance on various business practices including assessing reputation risks and implementation of “good practices” concerning new and existing LOBs and regulatory developments impacting various LOBs.
- Real Estate Weekly, Rising Star (2020)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Real Estate (2014-2019)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York