Robert H. CrespiMember New York, NY Roseland, NJ
Robert Crespi is a member of the firm’s Environmental and Renewable Energy and Sustainability Groups. He represents a diverse client base in complex transactional and development issues, as well as in regulatory, compliance and litigation matters. He also counsels clients with regard to regulatory issues related to sustainability and renewable energy.
Rob assists clients in the national retail, industrial and residential sectors with the purchase and sale of environmentally impaired properties, including Brownfields development and remediation, New Jersey ISRA compliance, negotiating and overseeing projects entering into the New York Brownfield Cleanup Program and the New York City OER, coordinating due diligence, and negotiating environmental insurance and funding mechanisms to facilitate transactions and redevelopment.
Rob graduated cum laude from the Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law, where he received a J.D. degree and a Certificate in Environmental Law. While at Pace, he authored a land use article that was published in the Pace Environmental Law Review.
- Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Binghamton University, The State University of New York (B.A., 1980)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
U.S. Law Conference
2019 Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop
CSG Law Alert: New Jersey PFAS Directive
CSG Law Alert: New Jersey Says No to "Forever Chemicals"
Real Estate NJ: Building on a Success
CSG Law Alert: Goodbye to Stormwater Detention Basins?
The New World of Site Remediation
CSG Law Alert: NJDEP Adopts Amended Site Remediation Regulations
CSG Law Alert: Asphalt Reuse
ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference
Navigating Environmental Land Use Issues When Remediating Sites
Remedial Investigation Extension Bill Adopted
NAIOP Energy Series Seminar: Solar/Renewable Energy Systems
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Environmental (2015-2018; 2022)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Environmental; Energy & Natural Resources (2010-2022)
- American Bar Association
- Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE), Board Member and Advisory Council Member
- NAIOP - New Jersey Chapter, Energy and Sustainability Committee, Past Co-Chair; Education Committee, Past Co-Chair; Regulatory Affairs Committee, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute, Northern New Jersey Council, Membership Committee, Past Co-Chair; Executive and Sustainability Committees, Member