Rhonda Carniol counsels entities in all aspects of technology, media, advertising and corporate law. Her clients include multinational publicly traded companies, advertising agencies, software companies, data and media providers, start-up ventures, and angel investors.
Rhonda’s experience as lead counsel in many substantial, complex transactions includes private equity and debt investments, joint ventures, acquisitions and strategic alliances. She also advises both users and vendors with respect to:
- Outsourcing, SAAS and cloud computing agreements
- Data licensing, protection and distribution
- Software licensing, development and protection
- Index development, licensing and protection
- Advertising and marketing services agreements
- Product development
- Web site development and hosting
- Consulting and development agreements
- Online education
- Private label, distribution and manufacturing transactions
In addition, Rhonda counsels entrepreneurs from start-up to exit, including in connection with private equity, private placements, acquisitions and venture capital transactions.
Rhonda’s speaking engagements include presentations on entrepreneurship, private equity, strategic alliances and joint ventures for the Wharton Women’s Alumni Group, Cornell Entrepreneur Network, the Cornell College of Human Ecology, the Cornell Johnson Graduate School of Management and the Stevens Institute of Technology’s Law and Entrepreneurship Program and the Howe School of Technology Management.
Rhonda was selected as a ‘Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law and Technology' and as one of ‘New Jersey’s Women Leaders in the Law.’ She has an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking of both ethical standards and legal ability that Martindale awards. In 2012, Rhonda was named by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey's "Best 50 Women in Business."
Rhonda started her career at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, as an associate for five years in its corporate group. While attending Emory University School of Law, she was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1979)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ (2012)
- Top Rated Lawyer, Intellectual Property Law and Technology (2013)
- New Jersey’s Women Leaders in the Law (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® rating
- Cornell University Council
- Cornell Entrepreneurship Advisory Council
- Blackstone LaunchPad Mentor
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association