Patricia Costello serves as the Managing Member of CSG Law, where she is responsible for providing overall strategic direction and overseeing the day-to-day management of the firm’s business affairs. She works closely with the Executive Committee to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational goals and objectives, while also ensuring that the highest level of care is taken in serving clients. She provides guidance and direction to the firm’s administrative team, assuring that all financial and operational activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
Previously, Pat served for more than 25 years as a New Jersey Superior Court Judge, including 10 years as the Assignment Judge in Essex County. During her tenure as Assignment Judge, she supervised all of the county’s trial and municipal courts, including more than 100,000 filings per year, 1,000 employees and a $55 million annual budget.
Appointed to the bench in 1989 by then Governor Thomas Kean, Judge Costello spent the first 15 years of her judicial career in Hudson County, serving first in the Criminal Division where she became Presiding Judge, then in the Civil Division where she directly supervised the Special Civil Part. She served also in the Family Division where she again became Presiding Judge. Judge Costello served on and as chair of numerous Supreme Court committees, including vice chair of the Judicial Education Committee.
Before becoming the firm’s Managing Member, she concentrated her practice at CSG Law on mediation and arbitration of civil, chancery and matrimonial matters including probate, commercial litigation and labor and employment disputes.
Pat earned her J.D. from Rutgers Law School and her B.A. from Seton Hall University. After law school, Judge Costello clerked for the Honorable Thomas McCole, Hudson County Superior Court.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D.)
- Seton Hall University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- ROI-NJ, Influencers: Women in Business (2022)
- NJBIZ, Law Power 50 (2022)
- NJBIZ, Best 50 Women in Business (2022)
- Morris/Essex Health & Life Magazine, Top Lawyers, Arbitration & Mediation (2021-2022)
- New Jersey Law Journal, Lifetime Achievement Award (2016)
- Essex County Irishwoman of the Year Award (2016)
- Rutgers Law School's Alumni Association, Distinguished Alumna Award (2010)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association