Nicole DiMaria represents a wide range of health care entities such as health care professionals, physician groups, ambulatory care facilities, health care and hospital systems, long-term care facilities, medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers and companies/vendors that provide services to the healthcare industry.
She assists clients in navigating complex health care corporate and regulatory issues, advising on matters such as:
- Federal Stark and Anti-Kickback Law compliance
- HIPAA/HITECH Covered Entity and Business Associate compliance
- Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and enrollment
- CHAPA, certificate of need and state licensing
- State health care/professional regulatory compliance
Nicole is a frequent author and speaker for organizations such as the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), the Health Care Compliance Association and the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. She was selected for the AHLA’s inaugural Leadership Development Program in 2009, served as Co-Chair of the AHLA’s Health Law Curriculum Task Force, and is currently Vice-Chair of the AHLA Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group.
Nicole obtained her J.D., with a concentration in health law, from Seton Hall Law School. She was the managing editor of the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal and served as its acting editor-in-chief. While at Seton Hall, Nicole served as research assistant to the founder of Seton Hall Law’s health care program and current Dean, Kathleen Boozang, she received the 1999 Gibbons Health Law Fellowship, the 2001 Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal Distinguished Service Award and was also the winner of the 2001 Brach Eichler Health Law Writing Competition.
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D., 2001)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., 1998)
- New Jersey
- Serves as general counsel to the faculty practice plan of New Jersey Medical School, providing guidance in a variety of health care regulatory matters including HIPAA, Medicare/Medicaid enrollment, reimbursement and fraud and abuse compliance, as well as day-to-day corporate/transactional matters, including the negotiation of clinical services and vendor contracts and the development and improvement of compliance policies.
- Served as counsel to a Federal Monitor with respect to a deferred prosecution agreement, pursuant to which Nicole provided extensive counsel regarding health care fraud and abuse issues in the medical device industry.
- Serves as regulatory counsel to several long-term care facility owner/operators with respect to a variety of health care law related matters, including Medicare skilled nursing facility requirements, state licensing and certificate of need requirements and Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement issues.
- Represents individual physicians, physician groups and other health care professionals in a variety of health care corporate and regulatory matters, including the negotiation of employment agreements, managed care contracts, Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement issues and appeals, and practice purchases/sales.
- Assists ambulatory surgical center facility owners/operators with respect to corporate and regulatory issues, such as Federal Anti-kickback and “Codey” law compliance, New Jersey ambulatory care facility assessment matters, transfer of ownership and other state licensing issues, and Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement.
- Assists ancillary providers such as home health and adult medical day care providers in health care compliance matters, such as state licensing/registration requirements, Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement and HIPAA compliance.
- Serves as regulatory counsel to hospitals and health systems involved in mergers/acquisitions, providing guidance with respect to matters including Medicare changes of ownership (CHOWs) and other Medicare or Medicaid enrollment requirements, New Jersey Community Healthcare Assets Protection Act (CHAPA), licensure and certificate of need requirements.
- Assists healthcare providers and entities that provide services to healthcare providers in enforcing, establishing and/or improving HIPAA compliance programs, including the development/revision of policies and procedures, performing risk assessments, training personnel and evaluating potential and actual breaches of health care information.
- Assists medical device companies and physician consultants to medical device companies with regulatory compliance issues, including Federal Anti-Kickback Law compliance and Sunshine Act reporting requirements.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Health Care, Business/Corporate (2010-2016)
- New Leaders of the Bar, New Jersey Law Journal (2015)
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association