Kenneth Laptook practices primarily in the fields of complex commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense.
Ken’s civil and commercial litigation practice includes business disputes involving issues such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and misrepresentation arising out of various transactions. These include the purchase and sale of businesses or real estate and commercial lease transactions; disputes involving non-compete agreements, unfair competition and trade secrets or other confidential information; partnership disputes; construction and payment bond litigation on behalf of sureties; insurance fraud; Medicare/Medicaid fraud; antitrust violations; environmental matters; state and federal tax disputes; and the defense of legal malpractice claims.
Ken’s white collar criminal practice includes the representation of individuals and entities as witnesses, targets or defendants in state or federal grand jury investigations and prosecutions in areas such as contract fraud, insurance fraud, mail and wire fraud, securities fraud, tax fraud, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, and violations of environmental and anti-trust laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Ken served for seven years in the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey, where he worked in the Frauds, Special Prosecutions and Appeals Divisions.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School (J.D., 1973)
- Columbia University ()
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, General Litigation (2006-2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation (2007-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association