Katherine Romano is an experienced litigator who has represented a diverse group of clients including financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, insurers, and employers, in federal and state court. Katie regularly represents businesses and individuals in federal court in New York and New Jersey and has significant experience advocating for clients in appellate matters, including matters before the federal U.S. Courts of Appeals.
Katie’s experience includes assisting clients in responding to inquiries from regulators and law enforcement, conducting internal investigations, and representing individuals in criminal matters. Katie has conducted investigations touching upon sensitive allegations of workplace discrimination and sexual misconduct, including investigations pursuant to Title IX at institutions of higher education.
Prior to joining CSG, Katie gained experience in appellate litigation and criminal defense and investigations as an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York, and in business, intellectual property, and employment litigation as counsel at Walsh Pizzi O’Reilly Falanga LLP in Newark, New Jersey. Katie has also served as a term and permanent law clerk for the Honorable Maryanne Trump Barry, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and as a term law clerk for the Honorable Paul J. Barbadoro, U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire.
Katie is a member of the Criminal Justice Act panel of attorneys for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and has previously been appointed by the Third Circuit as amicus counsel. Katie also serves as a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), advocating in family court for abused, neglected, and abandoned children.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2007)
- Boston College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2004)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Third Circuit Bar Association, Board of Governors
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, CASA of Union County