Jonathan Bondy’s practice is concentrated in the field of commercial litigation, with a focus on construction, surety and contract issues in New York and New Jersey. As a member of the firm, Jon represents and advises sureties with respect to performance and payment bond claims, the defense of prevailing wage claims, affirmative surety claims, loss recovery, bankruptcy issues and contractor workouts.
He represents developers, contractors and building material suppliers in litigation matters, such as claims for breach of contract, applications for injunctive relief, delay claims and payment claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Jon served as an assistant district attorney in Kings County (Brooklyn), New York. He is a graduate of Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board and the ILSA Journal of International Law.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 1991)
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business (B.S., 1988)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Morris/Essex Health & Life Magazine, Top Lawyers, Construction (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation - Construction (2012-2022)
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Construction, New Jersey (2021)
- Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law based on his AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2013, 2017)
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers (Attorney Advisory Committee)
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Fidelity and Surety Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association