John J. Scally Jr. is of counsel in the firm’s Public Finance and Corporate & Securities Groups. With over 40 years of experience in public finance, John serves as bond counsel to states and state agencies alike. He advises on complex financings throughout the country for a wide range of clients, including leading public finance investment banking firms, public power issuers, transportation authorities, nonprofit colleges, universities, hospitals, state and local governments, and private developers.
In New Jersey, John’s experience includes acting as bond counsel to the State of New Jersey, the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, and several counties, county authorities and municipalities of the State.
- The Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- Muhlenberg College (A.B., 1973)
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association