Jessica H. Zafonte is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups who focuses her practice on both patent procurement and enforcement. Jessica’s broad procedural knowledge base is driven from years of experience litigating complex patent cases in Federal courts and before the ITC and PTAB, as well as representing clients before the USPTO as a registered patent agent. Jessica’s practice also focuses on the transfer of intellectual property rights and she routinely evaluates the scope, validity and enforceability of patent rights for clients ranging from individual inventors to large international companies. Jessica regularly counsels clients on patent-related issues across technical areas including the pharmaceutical, medical, electrical, and mechanical arts, as well as the computer hardware/software space.
Prior to joining CSG Law, Jessica routinely analyzed, drafted, and argued on issues of patent infringement, invalidity, damages, and claim construction. In these roles, Jessica managed large and small scale litigations where she developed creative legal strategies and implemented successful and cost efficient discovery.
Jessica received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School and earned her B.A. in Biology from Lafayette College.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Lafayette College (B.A. in Biology, 2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Barrier1 Systems, Inc. v. RSA Protective Technologies, LLC, 20-cv-00340 (D. Del.)
- Gibraltar Perimeter Security, LP v. RSA Protective Technologies, LLC, 20-cv-01121 (D. Del.)
- RSA Protective Technologies, LLC v. Delta Scientific Corp., 19-cv-06024 (C.D. Cal.)
- RSA Protective Technologies, LLC v. Secure USA, Inc. and Guardiar Solutions, Inc., 18-cv-81124 (S.D. Fla.)
- Shire Development LLC et al. v. Amneal Pharmaceuticals, LLC et al., 15-cv-02865 (D.N.J)
- Shire Pharmaceutical Development Inc. et al. v. Lupin Limited et al., 15-cv-03437 ( D. Md.)
- Chiesi USA, Inc. et al. v. Sandoz Inc. et al., 13-5723 (D.N.J.)
- Cornerstone Therapeutics Inc. et al. v. Exela Pharma Sciences LLC et al., 13-1275 (D. Del.)
- In re Bendamustine Consolidated Cases, 13-cv-2046 (D. Del.)
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. Fresenius Kabi USA LLC et al., 13-cv-00467 (D. Del.)
- iHance, Inc. v. Eloqua Ltd. and Eloqua Corp., 11-cv-257 (E.D. Va.)
- New York Intellectual Property Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New York City Bar Committee