Jeffrey Weinick is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on the acquisition of patent rights throughout the world, the management of intellectual property assets and the licensing and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Jeff’s clients range from Fortune 500 companies to startup technology companies.
Jeff acquires patent rights in a wide range of technologies, including computer systems and software, telecommunications, financial technology and business methods. He has extensive experience in all aspects of practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Jeff drafts and negotiates licensing agreements on behalf of his clients, including patent, technology, software and hybrid licensing agreements.
He also assists his clients in identifying potential licensing opportunities and performs the legal analysis in connection with such opportunities.
Jeff advises his clients in connection with the development and management of significant worldwide patent portfolios.
International Patent Protection
Jeff assists in the procurement of worldwide patent rights. He maintains close relationships with an international network of intellectual property professionals, particularly in Europe and Asia, and has extensive experience obtaining patent protection in those regions.
When enforcement issues arise, Jeff performs validity, infringement and right-to-use studies. He regularly advises clients in connection with the enforcement of their patents, as well as defensive options when faced with assertions from a third party.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Binghamton University, The State University of New York (B.S., 1986)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Intellectual Property (2011-2021)
- IAM Patent 1000, New Jersey (2016-2020)
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association