Jeanmarie Dunn-Kane practices with the firm’s Real Estate, Development & Land Use and Corporate & Securities Groups.
She brings extensive experience advising on residential and commercial real estate transactions; representing landlords and tenants in commercial leasing negotiations; guiding clients through 1031 like-kind exchanges; and reorganizing property holdings for the purposes of providing liability protection.
Additionally, Jeanmarie works closely with clients in the catering, financial services, manufacturing, defense and healthcare industries to develop and implement solutions tailored to their business needs and objectives. She has assisted clients with business formation, acquisition, redemptions, sales and bulk sales compliance.
Some of her notable transactions include:
- Representation of the Seller in a $40 million stock sale of a closely held pharmaceutical manufacturer to a publicly traded corporation;
- Buyer representation in the asset acquisition of a marketing communications business;
- Reorganization of a closely held group of limited liability;
- Representing sellers of closely held business in stock and asset sales to private equity funds;
- Sale of a fifty percent (50%) interest in a prominent medical practice; and
- Purchase of a 52-acre commercial parcel in Sussex County.
She received both her J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation from the Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, and her B.A. and M.A. from American University.
Prior to law school, Jeanmarie worked extensively in politics and public policy in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.