James S. Arrabito is an associate with the firm's Environmental Group whose practice focuses on a range of matters relating to environmental regulation and litigation under federal and state law.
James's litigation experience includes, among other things, complex matters under CERCLA, the Spill Compensation and Control Act, the Water Pollution Control Act, and the New York Navigation Law.
In addition, James has represented clients in a variety of regulatory and administrative contexts, including those relating to the Clean Water Act's NPDES Program, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Agriculture Retention and Development Act, the Site Remediation Reform Act, and the Industrial Site Recovery Act.
As the environmental representative on CSG's Cannabis Law team, James' practice also involves providing regulatory counsel on environmental issues of emerging concern for New Jersey and New York-based cannabis producers and cultivators – including waste disposal practices, compliance with local air quality standards, soil and water contamination, and the environmental aspects of production and retail facility siting. Notably, James is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association's Cannabis Law Committee ("CLC") and of the CLC's Legislative Subcommittee.
Prior to joining the firm, James practiced with Carter, Ledyard & Milburn LLP’s Litigation Department. Prior to that, he clerked for the Honorable Jaynee LaVecchia, Associate Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
James received his J.D. magna cum laude from Rutgers Law School – where he was Associate Managing Editor of the Rutgers University Law Review, served on the Moot Court Board and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. He received his B.A. summa cum laude in Legal Studies with a minor in Political Science from William Paterson University.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- William Paterson University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental (2023)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, Environmental (2022)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Cannabis Law Committee and Legislative Subcommittee
- New York State Bar Association