Edward B. StevensonMember Chair, Corporate & Securities Group New York, NY Roseland, NJ
Ed Stevenson’s broad corporate experience includes middle-market M&A transactions, equity and debt offerings, strategic alliances and joint ventures, corporate finance and governance, corporate, LLC and partnership formations and reorganizations, business divorces, employment matters, shareholder relations and licensing, distribution and manufacturing transactions. His broad based experience encompasses a range of industries, including technology, food and beverage, consumer products, medical devices, apparel and advertising, as well as a wide variety of service industry companies.
Middle Market Transactions
Ed advises on a wide range of transactional matters for public and private companies spanning the entire corporate lifecycle – including start-ups, middle-market companies and multinational industry leaders.
Closely-Held and Family-Owned Businesses
Ed advises many closely-held and family-owned businesses, frequently serving as their de facto in-house counsel or as a supplement to their existing in-house legal capabilities. Ed’s practical insights help guide these companies through a range of day-to-day legal concerns, involving everything from operating and partnership agreements to credit facilities, employment matters and contractual arrangements with vendors, suppliers and distributors.
Private Funds and Independent Sponsors
Ed frequently advises private funds and independent sponsors and their portfolio companies in acquisitions and financing transactions. He provides a full-suite of legal services to fund and independent sponsors, including advice on structure, formation, operational matters, and securities law and regulatory compliance.
- Pace University Elisabeth Haub School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1987)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Represented TicketUtils, Inc., a provider of a ticket management and distribution platforms located in New Jersey with a subsidiary in India, in its sale to eBay, becoming part of its StubHub organization.
- Represented Inergex in the acquisition of Crossfuze Solutions, a provider of ServiceNow® implementation and integration services. We also represented Inergex in the acquisition financing through a secured credit facility from a national bank.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its TCB, Just For Me, Consort for Men, Motions and Groom & Clean brands to Strength of Nature, a multi-cultural hair care company.
- Represented real estate investors in the formation and launch of a real estate fund to originate, acquire and service high-yield loans collateralized by real estate or equity interests in real estate owning entities.
- Represented Inergex in its acquisition of TREC Corporation and TREC Pacific Corporation, a call center with the base of its operations in the Philippines.
- Represented David Maund, Inc. (d/b/a aptsandlofts.com) in its sale to Citi Habitats, a division of The Corcoran Group.
- Represented a group of investors in a joint venture to acquire a fiber optic cable system from a network provider in New York. The transaction included a capital raise and obtaining a new franchise agreement from New York City.
- Represented a private investment firm in the acquisition by Innovative Building Systems LLC, the leading custom modular home producer in the U.S., of HandCrafted Homes. The acquisition allowed our client to convert its investment in HandCrafted Homes to a minority ownership interest in IBS.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in its acquisition by Stryker Corporation, one of the world's leading medical technology companies, in an all-cash transaction valued at up to $375 million.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations (SBi), as borrower, in an $81 million secured credit facility with Hayfin Capital. The credit facility refinances SBi's debt (previously held by Garrison Investment Group) which was assigned by Garrison to Hayfin immediately prior to SBi closing on the credit facility, and provides SBi with up to an additional $25 million to use for general operating expenses.
- Represented Palcap Advisors in its acquisition of Inergex, LLC, an IT services company, through a stock purchase and subsequent merger.
- Represented Bluegrass Dairy & Food, Inc., a leading supplier of specialty ingredients for the food industry, and its subsidiary, Bluegrass Proteins, Inc., in the purchase of Associated Milk Producers, Inc.'s dairy processing facility in rural Minnesota, and the roll-out of the client's whey protein concentrate business at such facility. We also represented Bluegrass in the multi-tranche loan facility related to the purchase.
- Represented Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance, a division of the Berkshire Hathaway Group of Insurance Companies, in its acquisition of the assets of MyAssist Inc., a live-agent personal-assistance and telematics service provider, and Insure America LLC, a niche program administrator which provides insurance products to the travel industry, from the Noel Group.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its Soft & Beautiful, TCB and Pro-Line Comb-Thru brands to Strength of Nature, one of the fastest growing companies in the multi-cultural hair care category.
- Represented Merisel, Inc., a publicly traded supplier of graphic image arts, in a going-private transaction.
- Represented Palcap Advisors in its investment in Sunbelt Medical Billing, Inc., a provider of medical billing and claims management services to hospitals and physicians.
- Represented Amano USA Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of a Japanese public company, in its acquisition of the outstanding capital stock of Accu-Time Systems, Inc. Accu-Time designs, manufactures, markets and distributes time and data collection terminals for the time and attendance, payroll clock, shop floor and controlled access marketplace.
- Represented Tri-State Financial Press in the sale of its business to Toppan Vite (New York) Inc. Toppan Vite, a global leader in financial printing, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toppan Leefung Pte Limited and part of the Toppan Printing Group, the largest printing group headquartered in Tokyo.
- Represented Unilever in its $215 million acquisition of Colgate-Palmolive Company's Colombian laundry detergent business.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its branded frozen savory products business conducted in the United States foodservice channel to Kerry, Inc., a unit of Kerry Group PLC, together with a license of the "Knorr" trademark to be used by Kerry, Inc. in the business.
- Represented the owners of a full-service electrical and telecommunications services firm in acquiring the outstanding stock of a national leader in solar shading solutions and daylight management systems.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its Shedd’s Country Crock chilled side-dish line to Hormel Foods Corp. Ownership of the Shedd’s Country Crock trademark will remain with Unilever, but Hormel will market and sell Country Crock products under a licensing agreement.
- Represented Data-Com Telecommunications, Inc. in selling its business to XETA Technologies, Inc., a public company trading on NASDAQ.
- Represented Dubilier & Company in its acquisition of Bluegrass Dairy & Food, LLC and in its capital raise to fund the acquisition, which was financed through a preferred stock financing, a senior subordinated credit facility, and a senior revolving and term loan credit facility.
- Represented Small Bone Innovations in its acquisition of Link America, Inc., including the technology for the S.T.A.R. Ankle--a total ankle replacement prosthesis that is the first of its kind to receive FDA approval in the U.S.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its Custom Frozen Products business to Siméus Foods International, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
- Represented Unilever in the sale of its Custom Dry Products business to Kerry America, a unit of Kerry Group PLC.
- Represented the stockholders of MGM Transport Corporation in the sale of MGM to CF Holding Company, Inc.
New Jersey Launches Tax Amnesty Program
NJBIZ: Private Equity Gains Appetite for Food
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Corporate/M&A (2014-2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2016-2023)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisitions; Business/Corporate (2017-2021)
- Morris/Essex Health & Life Magazine, Top Lawyers, Corporate Finance; Mergers and Acquisitions (2020-2022)
- BTI Client Service All-Star (2019 and 2022)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Newark Regional Business Partnership
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- New Jersey Business and Industry Association