Dorit Kressel has over 20 years of experience in public finance. She has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in numerous transactions at the state and local level.
Dorit focuses her practice on complex financings for the State of New Jersey and its agencies and authorities, including the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority, the South Jersey Transportation Authority, the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority, and others. Her extensive experience includes advising on transactional and tax aspects of matters involving general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, private activity bonds, complex refunding and restructuring transactions, forward delivery structures, and interest rate hedging transactions.
Dorit served as a judicial law clerk to Associate Justice Gary S. Stein of the New Jersey Supreme Court. She has also taught law courses to graduate and undergraduate business students at William Paterson University of New Jersey.
Dorit is a member of the Order of the Coif. She graduated cum laude from Fordham University School of Law, where she served as editor-in-chief of the Fordham Law Review.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1984)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ (2013)
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Public Finance Law Committee (2018-2019)
- New York State Bar Association
- Northeast Women in Public Finance
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association